The experts in innovative food processing machinery
Versatile System Cooks or Cools
This two-in-one versatile system runs either as a rotary blanching unit or as a cooling unit, allowing operators the flexibility to switch between the two operations. Simply by turning a valve the unit can blanch product with steam heat or switch to cooling and hydration. The Vapor Flow Combination Cooker/Cooler offers multiple functionalities and guarantees greater product consistency for each run. Blanching with steam heat uses 50% less water and increases recovery.
How it Works
Product moves in a continuous stream into the in-feed flume. Then product is transported through the cylinder for a retention time that will vary, according to the type of vegetable being processed and/or your internal specifications. We leverage our intimate knowledge of blanching equipment coupled with design expertise to calculate steam injection points that meet the exact heat load demanded by your application. This process ensures a thorough blanching. Reap the benefits of a precisely engineered system designed to produce a quality, uniformly heated product with less damage and waste.
- Increase recovery 1.5 percent to 3.0 percent
- Smaller footprint than conventional belt cookers
- Reduce energy consumption with our steam option — uses 50 percent less water
- 2-in-1 blanching — select steam or water
- Rapid changeover with the flip of a valve
- High capacity throughput in less floor space
- Easy to clean
- Gentle stirring
- First-in/first-out product stream guarantees uniformity, unlike belt systems