Submerged water agitated cooling is more energy efficient than air cooling, water deluge belt or belt freezer designs. Food safety is also improved as pouched product passes through the bacterial danger zone of 130°F (54.4°C) to 80°F (26.7°C) twice as fast as conventional belt coolers or static water tank designs. Lyco built and sold the first pouch cooler over 32 years ago, and it is still running reliably every day.
• Gentle Hydro-Flow® agitation
• Run continuous mode or batch mode
• Almost zero maintenance
• Controls mounted on machine for easy installation
• 72″ dia. x 8′ or 12′ long units available.
The Lyco Chill-Flow Simulator can test your product at your plant or at our Product Development Center. Full size simulators duplicate actual process results very accurately.
or lane chillers.
• Pouches are gently agitated
• Fully Submerged in water
• Uniform cooling results
• Flexible- Handle range of pouch sizes and can run in continuous, batch or oscillating mode.
|Lyco was founded in 1980 by the owner and Chairman of the Board, David R. Zittel, who has had over 50 years experience in food processing. Lyco prides itself in the longevity of its associates and is measured with many decades of experience with food processing machinery. We’re located in a community of 5,000 people which is 25 miles northeast of Madison, WI, a perfect area to raise a family.
Lyco’s enjoyment and passion is developing the best customer-aligned, innovative food processing machinery in the world.
Lyco has made more than 70 Chill-Flow Coolers. Here are 3 reasons to consider a Lyco system versus a competitive air cooling, water deluge belt or belt freezer designs.
1. Sanitary cleanable designs half the length of belt coolers
2. Cools pouches to center core
3. Can achieve 40°F (4.4°C) temperatures